Sunday 8 July 2012

Intro and Tarot Cards

Figured I'd share a bit more with whatever viewers I may have here. I kinda realized that the information I gave about myself in my first post was mostly just fodder for your common internet pervert. So, I suppose if I'm ever going to get any kind of audience, they'd want to know a little more about the naive little girl who is trying to tell them what to do.

But before I begin, I just want to get one little thing off of my chest.

Before I posted my very first blog on here, I had read a bit of Seeking Truth and Make it Count, I was also an avid follower of MarbleHornets and stuff like that. But that was it. I really had no intention of getting myself wrapped up in this, regardless of my poor habit of sticking my nose where ought not be stuck. And I suppose I could come up with this grand story of how I decided to start my blog. I could say I had a sudden epiphany and threw caution to the winds in order to offer help to those who needed it and yadda yadda yadda...

Yeah, so the punchline is, I was completely drunk. Like, I'm talking hard-core shit-faced (don't look at me that way). I'm just thankful my perfectionist nature wasn't effected by the poison I had injected into my brain and I managed to actually form semi-coherent sentences. Though, I still find it a little hard to read for how overly-dramatic it is...

And to anyone who happens to read this and is a little worried about my poor habits, I'll have you know that I was taught I very good lesson the following day in hangovers, and I don't think I'm ever touching the stuff again.

Anyways, more about me. Well, hmm... not much worth mentioning. I'm really just your average teenager, struggling to find an identity. I've gone through several "phases" in my life, currently choosing to be an edgy punk-rocker. So far, my favourite style; I do love heavy metal, power metal more specifically. Basically, just picture your classic hard-core drummer girl and that's me in a nutshell. Or just take a quick glance at my profile picture. Either one.

On a side note, I also enjoy painting and acting. I really enjoy the Arts but I'm pretty sure trying to pursue a career in any of them would be a very bad idea. So I'm planning to either get a major in psychology, philosophy, anthropology, or sociology. I guess they really are all the same thing when it boils down to it; besides philosophy, of course. Though I only want a major in philosophy so I can write a book about it... eventually.

Now, as for my discovery of Slenderman, that started with a friend of mine, Jane (name changed, obviously). She was complaining to me about how the wits were scared right out of her and her brother, and how neither of them could sleep for a week. So I, having nerves of steel despite my overactive imagination, questioned her about it and she pointed me in the direction to Marble Hornets. I was so interested by the concept of this Slenderman creature, that I did a little bit of extra research on it. I look into Creepy Pasty, Know Your Meme, Wikipedia (I know, I know), and I eventually found myself reading a few blogs. Starting with Just Another Fool, then Damien's blog, then Zeke's, then Celeste's, then Zero's, then M's, and so on.

Then, one night I decided that I was depressed and was in desperate need of an alcohol, so I downed about half a bottle of Irish whiskey and got completely hammered. Woke up the next morning in front of my computer screen with my newly published blog staring me in the face. I of course immediately regretted it, but felt that it would be rather cowardly to just take it down, plus the idea of starting my own Slenderblog was a rather intriguing idea.

So, after a couple months of pondering the subject (granted, I WAS rather busy with other things), I have decided that I might as well continue what I've started whilst in my drunken stupor. And although I hadn't posted much on the blogs, I had been doing a lot behind the scenes, as I've mentioned before.

Also, after flipping through the notebook that Elaine had posted last year, I thought about all the superstitious mumbo-jumbo that my mother always talks about, and it got me thinking; Well, if I believe Slendy is real, then why not take it a step further? So I pulled out the tarot cards that I got for my 16th birthday. I figured I needed some sort of motivation to keep me going, and I'm not the best decision maker when it comes to big things such as... well, risking my own life for the sake of people I barely know... not that I mean to offend anyone. I'm sure you're all lovely.

So I decided to look into how to "Do the Tarot" I guess it would be called, and I found I fairly reasonable set up for decision making. I asked myself in my deepest heart of hearts if I should continue Slenderblogging. For anyone who cares, this is how it went:


Card 1                                         Card 3                           Card 4                                     Card 2
What would happen if I          An important aspect         The most important thing to   What would
didn't                                                                                consider                        happen if I did



So I guess you have to lay down the cards in the order of the numbers or something. I don't get why it can't just be in basic 1-2-3-4 order, but whatever. So, for anyone who's interested, this is what I got:

Card 1- Knight of Cups
If I put the meaning of the card into context with the set up, I guess it would mean that if I do not pursue this, than I would be giving up "The Water of My Soul," which is, I guess, my hunger for the truth. Which makes sense, I guess. I am a nosy little bugger when it comes down to it.

Card 2- The 10 of Wands
I'm pretty sure this one means that if I choose to pursue the truth behind Slendy, I'm going to be over-burdened. Which also makes sense, I guess. I do have a habit of putting myself up to challenges far beyond my level of capability. And I'm obviously going to be under great pressure to succeed because, well, I guess I would kinda die if I don't...

Card 3- The Two of Wands
The description of this card, I thought, fits my situation the best. It's basically saying that I'm "still protected by my encircled walls" and "I'm casting my gaze into the depths of the Universe" and "I'm laying my plans with care" which is an important aspect of this, I guess. I mean, do I really want to give up this safety? But I've already laid out my plans, and it's not like I totally hate the idea of being on the run, seeing the world with whole new eyes, adventuring to places I've never been before... but I digress. This is Slenderman we're talking about, after all.

Card 4- The Three of Wands
I really don't think I shuffled the deck enough. Three Wand cards, two in a row. a little too coincidental, but whatever. I'm pretty sure this card is telling me that the most important thing about this decision is that I AM open to change. Which is, once again, true. But it also says I should take my time and "listen to the winds" which I guess could only mean the warnings the Runners keep harping at me about, so... that's a thing. And I will "follow the waters that will carry my vessel to new shores" or something like that. Again, all the adventure stuff.

So... yeah. That's what I got from those cards. Though I find things like these are only handy to those with overly active imaginations, such as myself. I could very well be making it all up in my head, but who knows, really? What I do know is, for the time being, I'll stick to finding out as much as I can about this situation. And if it turns out that I get targeted, than so be it. And if it turns out people are actually reading this, than feel free to voice your opinion.

Chow for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment